Tuesday, December 1, 2009

My (His) Yoke is Easy

So today in pronunciation class we were learning the difference between "joke" and "yoke". I asked if everyone knew what these meant and of course they didn't know what yoke meant. So first I attempted to describe in words...which I've realized is pretty futile because I just end up using big words that they don't know to describe little words that they don't know. SO I resorted to my drawing skills:




Yup. That's what I drew on the board. Actually, I embellish on Paint...in the classroom I actually didn't put nostrils...and in one class I just drew a smiley face. I never claimed to be an artist...or a teacher for that matter :)

Anyways, talking about yokes always makes me think about one thing: not eggs! Jesus! Honestly, coming from good ole' Rochester Hills, the only time I heard yoke was when reading the Bible:

 "Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." -Jesus (Matthew 11:29-30)

This verse really struck me in college when I definitely felt the weight of the world on my shoulders at times. I think this is also when I began to develop my "dislike" for nitty-gritty doctrine and focus more on the main message of the Gospel: Jesus died for all our sins. We are going to heaven! God loves us all! Amen!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think your painting is great and easy to understand:D. I don't want this semester end cause It was so much fun to be learned E with you. Anyways, I wish you a merry christmas. See you soon!
*P/s: there is a song about Christmas. Hope you'll like it:"When christmas come to town"