Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas in July...in December

I was definitely feeling homesick this past week. Putting up a Christmas tree all by myself and hearing about my family getting together without me was a bummer. I wasn't even really looking forward to our Christmas trip to Da Nang. But once I got there it was wonderful! It didn't feel like Christmas at all! No snow, no cookies, no snow, no presents, no snow, no parents, no snow. It was upper 70s to 80s every day, a nice breeze, and my Vietnam family :)

My mom and sister arrive in Vietnam in just 7 hours. I couldn't be more excited!!!

(Side note: kid on my street SCREAMING, "Mẹ oi!" MOM!)

I got to spend a lot of time with Ted and his family, especially Nadia, his daughter whom I met when I first arrived in Hanoi, but she has been in the States for school since then. It was great to get some single girl time!! I also got to drive a motorbike by myself and even rev it up to about 60km/h on the way back from Hoi An! Even though it didn't feel like Christmas, I know I'll remember this one forever! For some few pics of the gorgeousness that is Da Nang go to www.picasaweb.google.com/amandolinrooney2


No comments: