Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Sometimes...

...when the light in the bathroom naturally goes from dim to brighter as time goes on...I imagine that I am being enlightened with some amazing idea.


...I get really sick and don't tell anyone.


...I want to yell whatever "shut up" is in Vietnamese down my alley to all the obnoxiously loud children...and their gossipy mothers...no matter what language you speak, gossip all has the same tone.


...I get attached way to quickly.


...I worry where I'll be a year from now.


...my students make my heart smile, like today when they told me I am beautiful and a good teacher!


...I wish I knew pig latin.


...I drink whole bottles of water at once.


...hugs are the only cure.


...I buy gifts for people who mean a lot to me.


...I sing random musical notes for as long as possible, changing the pitch and tone, imagining that I am making up some new song that someday I will write (in musical notes which I cannot read or write) and then write lyrics to and sell it and I'll be hella famous.


...I dream that I'm in a room full of colorful balloon type blobs...and I wake up crying??


...I wonder what it would have been like to become Christian later in life, rather than having been raised that way my whole life. Would my faith be stronger? Would I still be Lutheran?


...I wish I had been born back when there is no electricity and you had to do everything yourself and read by candlelight. Then I turn on my laptop and that thought is the farthest thing from my mind. Why does this thing run so slow?? Wow, I feel materialistic.


...really simple things make my heart skip a beat when I think of a fond memory...like certain flowers, a movie title, a smell, or the way someone laughs.


...I am reminded that true love is out there somewhere when I see an old couple walking down the street holding hands.


...my mind gets away from me sometimes :)


1 comment:

Elizabeth Nelson said...

Wow, Manda we're here in Nairobi cracking up...are you seriously high? Or low? Or somewhere in the in between? Love you truely but, I'm trying to figure out all those random thoughts...thinking is too hard after a difficult day. Last night here...still sooo much to do & so not ready to leave :( Check you later from farther away! GO to sleep, Baby!!